Thursday, April 3, 2008

Article:Why I Let My 9-Year-Old Ride the Subway Alone

Love this story, Of course this raises all kinds of interesting debates and questions but if this child was ok enough to get home on his own then why can those kids that were planning to attack their teacher not be held accountable because experts say they were not actually capable of hurting their teacher? Two cents This is not a homeschooler but it certainly plays into a part of what I see homeschooling parents do daily, which is give their kids the tools to make it on their own and make the right decisions for themselves!-Tabbi

http://www.nysun.com/news/why-i-let-my-9-year-old-ride-subway-alone

By LENORE SKENAZY | April 3, 2008
I left my 9-year-old at Bloomingdale’s (the original one) a couple weeks ago. Last seen, he was in first floor handbags as I sashayed out the door.

No comments: