Saturday, April 19, 2008

Article: ScientificAmerican.com: Six Things in Expelled That Ben Stein Doesn't Want You to Know...

Hi all! I wanted to send this article because I have talked to a lot of people (homeschoolers) who plan on seeing this movie. I kind of find it disturbing that someone would try to make excuses for the Holocaust and the actions those in charge--ok but I have not seen this movie so I can not speak to it until I see it which most likely will not be till it comes out on Netflix. But what bothers me in todays age of documovies the deception in which they are presented, both that they misquoted from an already controversial book (Darwin's The Origin of Species-which I have read, yes cover to cover I am a geek) and that they misrepresented themselves when interviewing the scientists. Personally, I would have liked to seen a movie about the intersection of science and religion because I was in anthropology in college and we had many wonderful debates by very religious students and faculty about that subject. Sigh but apparently it is impossible to not only to tell the truth any more but these people obviously crave sensationalism and just want to sell tickets. Maybe we all have this wrong maybe this is supposed to be a joke, Ben Stein is a comedian right? I say we all go back to making more Jane Austen movies! Have fun homeschooling!--Tabbi

------------------------SUBSCRIBE NOW----------------------------
Stay connected to the latest trends in science and technology with SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN.
Subscribe today and save!
http://www.sciam.com/subscribe/index.cfm?lsource=friendmail
------------------------------------------------------------------

Six Things in Expelled That Ben Stein Doesn't Want You to Know...

By John RennieSteve Mirsky
...about intelligent design and evolution

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=six-things-ben-stein-doesnt-want-you-to-know&SID=mail&sc=emailfriend

© 1996-2008 Scientific American, Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

No comments: