Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Albuquerque: Wonderful Percussion Teacher

Tabbi,

Would you mind posting this to the group?

Anyone looking for a really talented and professional drum instructor may want to contact Sharon Eldridge at 505-898-7944. My oldest son began working with Sharon at the Jazz Ensemble program through the Outpost Performance Space over by UNM. He fell in love with percussion and began drum lessons with her in August. Sharon has been so patient, mindful and supportive of his efforts that he has really shown an incredible amount of progression and enthusiasm for the instrument. My younger son began lessons with her in January and is also loving it. I truly can not say enough about Sharon and her style of teaching. I used to play the drums as a young adult and in the three years or so that I played I never reached the level that my ten year old son has in less than a year. Now that could potentially mean that I stunk, but I prefer to think that it is because of her instruction and ability to inspire. Check her out, she has a nice studio for teaching both in the center of town and, I believe, on the West side.



kari
www.riogranderootsandshoots.org

No comments: