Thursday, August 30, 2007

Los Alamos: Rock Climbing Class

From the Los Alamos Yahoo Group

Hello everyone...

I hope the school year is off to a good start.

I am putting out an interest list for an indoor rock climbing class at the YMCA. The class would have to be on Tuesday or Wednesday mornings (between 9am to Noonish; actual class day/time would be determined later). I am trying to find enough participants that I can work out a reasonable rate with my connections at the Y. Depending on interest level we might be able to do 2 classes and divide up younger kids 5-10 years from 10 and older. The class could accommodate beginners to experienced climbers. Climbing is great exercise! It builds self-confidence and coordination, not to mention it is a lot of fun. I have been climbing off and on for about 12 years (girls can do it too!!!) Smiley emoticon I would be instructing the class as a volunteer with a YMCA staff member assisting me. Please let me know as soon as possible if you might be interested in having your kiddos participate or if you have any questions give me a call 662-7069 or e-mail me at md2harrison@msn.com.
The fee will be based on the number of participants.

Thanks,

Michelle Harrison

No comments: