Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Resource: Brandenburg Studies

I have never used any of her studies so I can not speak for the content but it looks like just another great resource!--Tabbi

http://stores.ebay.com/BrandenburgStudies

I am the homeschooling mom of 7+ children. I have been homeschooling for the past 21 years (and hope to graduate soon :-) All 4 of my oldest children (and 1 student we took in) have graduated and gone on to college--2 even on to graduate school. Having been greatly involved in our homeschool group, I have been helping "new" homeschooling famlies and those who want to homeschool through High school for some time. I was encouraged to put some of my curriculums and resources in written form--hence the resouce books + CDs for homeschooling, and the various Unit Studies. I still have 2 children at home (a Freshman in High School, and a 5th grader--so I guess I won't get to graduate for some time :-)




I want to especially take this opportunity to encourage any of you homeschooling parents to CONTINUE homeschooling through High School. With all the helps now available to parents, there is really no reason that you can't successfully homeschool the academics during High School. But the most important reason to homeschool during these years is the Spiritual influence you can have during these crucial 4 years. These are the years when peer pressure is very strong and "questions" abound. What a blessing to still have an integral part in your child's life during those years--to point them to the Bible for answers, and to continue to work on your relationship with them. But no matter what you end up doing--never neglect to pray for them. The Lord is faithful and will continue His good work in their lives (Phil 1:6)

If there is anything I can help you with, please don't hesitate to write: debbiebrandenburg@sbclobal.net

No comments: