Monday, January 29, 2007

Writing Class, Albuquerque

Tabbi
Can you please post this for me?

I am offering a writing and drawing class for boys, ages 9-13. This will be a fun way to improve writing skills for boys in a creative atmosphere. The class is based on the concept of learning how to draw a simple subject and then writing a creative story to accompany the drawings. The class will be in my NE Heights home near Juan Tabo and Comanche. I have 10 year old and 12 year old sons that will be participating. The first block will be 4 classes, to "test the water." Emphasis will be on creativity, sentence structure, and story elements. Spelling will be encouraged but not stressed. My sons have Dysgraphia and this class will be ideal for boys that struggle with dysgraphia, hand writing or other problems as the content will focus on creativity, humor and fun. The boys will also be sharing their work with each other so presentation skills will also be practiced.

The first block of four classes will be Thursdays, Feb 8,15, & 22 and Mar 1 from 9-10:30 am. The cost will be $12 for the block to cover materials and supplies, $10 for subsequent siblings. You can reach me at rllovesee@hotmail.com.

If these classes interest you, but the day or time are bad, please email anyway as I may need wind up altering the time down the road if there is enough interest.

No comments: