Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Resource: Dinah Zike Health Update & New Product

Dearest Friends, I will never be able to thank you enough for the thousands of e-mails and hundreds of cards and letters that I have received over the last few months. I am physically unable to respond to each, but please know how your thoughts and prayers have helped me though this time. I have also found a whole sisterhood of breast cancer patients and survivors who I cherish! I will begin six weeks of radiation in May, and should be finished with the majority of my treatments by the end of June. I am so fortunate to be surrounded by a huge support group that includes each of you, my husband, family, DMA co-workers, McGraw-Hill, and Comfort, Texas neighbors. Please remind those you love to have mammograms on a regular basis!
I am finally able to say that I am doing well. I've had allergic reactions to Taxotere, but this has lessened now that I'm receiving chemo in lesser doses on a weekly basis. I have chemo today and then only three more treatments. My first presentation since August will be on Friday of this week at NCTM (March 23). Yes, I will attend and speak at NSTA, the next week, too. Please come by the Dinah-Might booth and say "Hi" to Marcy and/or me at either conference, and send your friends to my sessions.
World History Book at Press: The Big Book of World History is at the printer, and will be in our warehouse the first of April. We will ship orders we have already received as soon as it is in inventory. Those who wish to order this book may do so now. Please forward this announcement to anyone who might be interested.
Dinah Zike Academy: Classes will resume for my trainer-of-trainers program in June. Please check the calendar at http:// www.dinah.com for a listing of sessions offered and times. We have had several very exciting sessions in our 25,000 sq. foot building with a retreat-like setting in the Texas Hill Country. Look for pictures on the Web-site. We need campus/district trainers, so check with your district and see if they have funding that will allow you to join us for this exciting program. If you plan to progress through the program to the state or national level, note that you must attend one Cross-Curricular session. That is why I recommend taking this course first, and so many of these courses are offered.
New Language Arts Series : 300+ page books with over 1,000 full-color photographs.
This series introduces twenty of my new folds and presents a new teaching method of visual kinesthetic vocabulary that I refer to VKV TM. I have been developing this program for years, and I'm excited to finally have it close to completion.
Phonics, Vocabulary, and Spelling: PreK-2nd : Will be premiered and pre-sold at IRA in Toronto. Books will not be shipped until early Summer 2007.
Focus: Phonics: Foldables TM, VKVs TM, and word lists for use with both.
Phonics, Vocabulary, and Spelling: 3rd - 6th : Will be premiered and pre-sold at IRA in Toronto. Books will not be shipped until mid-Summer 2007.
Focus: Strengthening content vocabulary, word attack skills, with special kinesthetic activities for the ESL/ELL learner. Foldables TM, VKVs TM, and word lists for use with both.
Vocabulary, Spelling, and Test Prep: 6th-12th : Will be premiered and pre-sold at IRA in Toronto. Books will not be shipped until the end of August 2007.
Focus: Building a strong reading and speaking vocabulary utilizing unique kinesthetic activities that prepare students for SAT, ACT, state tests, and life. MS/HS teachers and college i nstructors who are preparing students for the GED should consider purchasing the 3rd-6th book. Foldables TM, VKVs TM, and Extensive Word Lists
We hope to have the Grammar and Writing Book will be available in December 2007.
I will begin a greatly reduced speaking regimen in late Summer and Fall 2007. I will be presenting more short sessions and keynotes. Let my office know if I can be of help in this manner. I am so excited to feel better and to know there is "life after chemo", but I have also learned a great lesson on what is important in my life. I love my work, and it is very important to me, and I'm excited to be sharing Foldable TM and VKVs TM, but I also know how much I've enjoyed this time at home with my husband, family, friends, and pets. I hope the word "balance" is now part of my vocabulary, and I can achieve a healthy balance of the things I love. Thanks again for your constant support and prayers, and I hope to see you soon. Dinah Zike
__._,_.___

No comments: