Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Impt Message from from the New Mexico Homeschool Community!!

Creating this network is a great thing and it will continue to be a great resource but I am going to put some parameters on it to protect myself and my family from becoming second place in my life and burning out! I have been tracking my hours and I am putting in over 40 hours a week just on this network....a worthy cause YES but I have come to realize that this is taking a toll on just general life and I need to make sure that I have my priorities straight....meaning family is first! And by setting limits and getting volunteers I think this can grow to become an even greater resource for our community!

I will send emails out Monday, Wednesday and Friday before 8AM ONLY.

If you have something that needs to be sent out that day you will have to call me and let me know but consider whether or not it can wait until the next time I send out emails. (505) 792-4110

I need volunteers willing to go to Title Wave Books and run some of the meetings, basically they are informal forums for discussion and sharing of materials so you do not have to actually 'run' the meeting. I will give business cards with my info to the person running the meeting so that if there are questions they can be researched at the blog later! Our next topic is ""English Grammar and Language"".

The fair will take place ONLY once a year in late May/early June--dates to be forthcoming as I get the facility!

I am researching running a chat room where we can discuss topics with our network from anywhere there is access to the internet so that we can truly be a New Mexico Home School community and not just serve those in the Albuquerque Area. I will need a volunteer to run some of these also!!

A huge thanks to the volunteers that are helping out already, your work and time are extremely valuable and you are very appreciated!

We still need a Legislative Team!!! THIS IS A VERY IMPT AND VERY NEEDED POSITION!!!

Volunteer to help with the website!!

Volunteer to contact entities and resources around the state to let them know about our network!

Consider volunteering at the next fair to be held in May/June 2008 I will need help at the entrance table and I will also need help prior to the fair with organizing duties of the various entities attending!

I wish I had not for profit status but right now that is not economically feasible but I am planning in the Spring to get started on the process! This is only a wish list and I am grateful for whatever help I get in whatever form!

Two tall filing cabinets with the ability to use hanging files or the regular kind

*********Working Laptop w/ at least Windows 2000 or Windows XP Operating System and modem**************

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR COMING TOGETHER AND PROVING THAT WE ARE A COMMUNITY OF DIVERSITY BUT UNITED BY OUR DECISION TO HOMESCHOOL!

No comments: