Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sewing lessons in NW Albuquerque

Summer Sewing Classes in Northwest Albuquerque!



Come and learn sewing at my home during these dates & times this summer! My name is Edie Downs and I am a homeschooling mom of 4 with many years of sewing experience. I have taught many young people the art of machine sewing.



Each class is from 9:30 – 11:30 and costs $15. I will take a maximum of 5 students ages 8 and up in each session. You do not need to attend all of the sessions. Pre-registration is not required, but I will only reserve a seat for you if I have your payment in advance.



If you pre-register for 4 sessions, the cost is $55.

If you pre-register for all 6 sessions, the cost is $75.



Each student will progress at his or her own pace. Some students will need 4 or more sessions to complete Level I, where others might do it in 2 sessions.



You may bring your own sewing machine (recently maintained, in good working order, with a user’s manual please), share with a friend, or use one of mine. (Please let me know if you need to use one of mine.)



I will forward a materials list to you and you will be responsible for purchasing your own fabric and supplies before class begins.



Level I: Beginning students will create a totebag.



Level II: Students who have already taken my Level I class and created the totebag will sew a pair of lounging or pajama pants.



Level III: We will discuss student interests and choose a project together.



Session dates and times:

June 17 9:30 – 11:30 am

June 24 9:30 – 11:30 am

July 1 9:30 – 11:30 am

July 15 9:30 – 11:30 am

July 22 9:30 – 11:30 am

July 29 9:30 – 11:30 am



Classes held at 5231 Russell Drive NW, Albuquerque, NM 87114

Phone number 898-6641

Email: downsje@msn.com



Register by sending a check and indicating name, address, phone number, email, child’s name, and which sessions you would like to attend. Please also indicate the child’s sewing level. (If you have never taken my sewing classes, please start with Level I so I can assess skill level before moving to the higher level.) I will respond with a materials list. I also accept email registration and Paypal payments.



Cancellation policy: Cancel 3 days or more before the scheduled class and I will refund your payment. If you cancel less than 3 days before the class, I will apply your payment to another session. If there are no sessions left in my schedule, then you will forfeit your payment.



If I have to cancel a class due to an emergency in my family, I will give you the option of receiving a refund or applying your payment to another class session.



Hope to see you this summer!

No comments: