Monday, June 23, 2008

NMHSC Going on a Computer Enforced Break

I will be back in a week!

OK so the computer crashed taking all my info from the fair and contacts with it...no big deal really...turns out Windows is most likely corrupted so have to go and get my hard drive info taken out before reinstalling Windows.

Through all this I have been working on a NEW IMPROVED REALLY COOL BETTER FUNCTIONING website and way of sharing information and resource around our beautiful state.

So since I have to work on the really slow computer (don't let it hear me it might decide it needs a vacation too) I am going to basically take a break for a week or so from sending out emails. If there are priority ones that need to go out I will still be able to check my mail but basically I am just going to get the new site up and running so that we can just jump into that....wait till you see what I have in store, so exciting! This means that my 'thank yous' that usually go out to vendors from the fair will slowly get done as I find that information again--SIGH technology makes life easier AND harder.

Basically the new website will have forums, calendar, blogging capabilities and really cool webcasts from around NM and beyond and oh so many more online capabilities! Oh yes and if you have a business you will be able to have ads up on the website!! One central location, more exposure, easier access!

Our numbers have grown into the thousands and it is harder for me to answer everyone's emails personally so I am seeing the need for a larger space where our community can really connect.

If you would still like to donate go to the website www.NewMexicoHomeSchoolCommunity.com and hit the Paypal button or email me and I will send you my mailing info. All the monies will go to keeping this community running--and I am doing everything I can to keep it free and/or low cost!

My priority is making sure that we as homeschoolers in New Mexico are able to connect with other homeschoolers and find resources in our community. No matter which way you choose to life your life, raise your family or educate your children we all need connections we all need a community.

I am so blessed to have you all in our world...I can not imagine a better place to give the gift of life long learning to my children. New Mexico is the example of successful homeschooling and I feel that we are leading the way for others in the future!

So on that note I will 'talk' to most of you in a week!!

No comments: