Saturday, June 14, 2008

The future of NMHSC is up to our community. Need your help!

Hi everyone! The time has come when I have to make a decision for the good of my family.

The New Mexico Home School Community has become a huge entity and grown larger and faster than I ever could have imagined. Connecting thousands (yes thousands) of homeschoolers throughout NM since our beginning of 20 or so families in 2005!

Is has brought our community together sharing resources and connecting families in a way that has only strengthened that bond of homeschooling.

Point of fact is I love doing what I do, I love hearing from families about how they were able to find a group in their area and how those new to homeschooling are able to figure out their family's path for life long learning!

I love the fair that we hold because it does showcase the variety of learning resources in our state. I had the best time talking to those of you who do not live here and want to start this same idea in your area.

BUT this has now grown from a couple of days a week a few hours to an over 40 hour a week 'job'-nights and weekends included.

In order for this to continue I am going to have to ask for donations. I have plans to incorporate all our websites into one website as well as webcasting and of course the 2009 fair but all of this can only depend on our community. The website will be able to have advertisements and we will continue weekly raffles.

I am not asking for a ton of money $5-10 per family will go a long way to support the NMHSC. So please donate what you can--go to www.NewMexicoHomeSchoolCommunity.com and hit the 'Donate' button which will redirect you to Paypal. If you do not want to pay through Paypal I have set up a checking account so that I can accept checks made out to the New Mexico Home School Community-just email me for details on mailing address.

If you can not support the NMHSC financially we do accept donations of educational items & materials in 'like new' condition to be a part of our weekly raffles.

If you truly can not support the NMHSC in either way we WILL NOT stop allowing you to use our resources--and perhaps one day you will have the means and will be able to donate in some way.

This is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do--asking you for money--I would rather this not matter, but it does, and if I am going to do what I love I have to find a way to support it financially. And I DO LOVE WHAT I DO. But this is also not the real me and I am making sacrifices away from my hobby of painting and sewing and spending time with my EXTREMELY supportive and loving family. As in much of life this is a huge balancing act.

So please donate what you can to help continue sharing the resources in our community. Your donation will be extremely appreciated!

Sincerely, Tabbi

No comments: