Thursday, February 28, 2008

Free lessons on the Elements of the Periodic Table

I am starting a free series of lessons on the elements of the periodic table. As an ex- high school science teacher, turned Homeschool mom, I believe in introducing it early to children with a table on the wall and beginning to show them and teach them about the elements. It is what their world is made of. It teaches them not to fear science or to feel like Chemistry is a “harder” science. That way they don’t grow up to fear it. It will feel normal to them. I also help teach parents how it works so you won’t fear it either.

The lessons will be in the form of a newsletter that will come twice a month. Each one will cover one element on the table, in order, with the history of its discovery, facts about it and information for the advanced learner as well as activities I used to do with my students when I was a teacher including paper crafts, lapbooks, and thing to make. They are made to apply to ALL ages. Plus I include anecdotes and jokes that are common in the chemistry field or that pertain to that element. Each installment also has ideas for presenting it to your children and links for further reading and information about all sorts of topics, some about discoverers and some humorous. This is my passion and I want to share it with everyone…..

You can use this link:



http://www.howtoteachscience.com/newslettersignup.html



Bless you and may you be increased continually in your work!

Thanks,

Teresa Bondora

www.HowToTeachScience.com

No comments: