Tuesday, February 20, 2007

More Info on NM Mayflower Scholarship

Jen Olsen


Hey Everyone,

The Mayflower Society is a service/geneological society. It is a nationwide society and its membership all had ancestors on the Mayflower. I am a member of the New Mexico Chapter. The New Mexico Chapter has established a scholarship, and Del wanted to make sure that NM Homeschoolers knew about the scholarship and applied for it. I am sorry I didn't send you an email sooner, Tabbi - I didn't realize Del was going to be so quick at contacting you. I don't know a lot about the scholarship except that the membership is really excited about starting a scholarship fund, and they are excited about givng out the scholarship money. For more general information on the Mayflower Society you can go to their website at http://www.themayflowersociety.com/index.htm. I have to say, that I didn't solicit them to offer this scholarship to homeschoolers - they sought out the homeschooling community. So, I would encourage anyone with a child going to college next year to apply!

Jen

No comments: