Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Parent Review: **Mathnasium ** BEWARE

Mathnasium is a nationwide franchise and this is one mom's experience with them here in Albuquerque-I welcome experiences both good and bad and will post reviews to our network so that other parents can get help making decisions on where to spend or not spend our money!--Tabbi
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I want share my experience with Mathnasium.
I called last week and spoke to Mike and inquired about the program
they offered.
When I asked about how much the program cost he told me it was $160 a
month unlimited study time (Tues-Thurs 3:30-7:30 Sat. 11:00-3:00)

He suggested I bring in my DD and have her take a placement test.

I made an appointment and brought her in.
He introduced himself and handed my DD her test.

He then hands me the packet with information.
This information wasn't what he explained to me over the phone prior
to our appointment.
The sheet is a form which has you select a payment plan
3 months with automatic debit $195
6 months with automatic debit $180
12 months with automatic debit $165

Then there's the Registration/Assessment fee $75

I asked him about the $160 he quoted me over the phone and he said
that we could choose the 12 month choice for that amount (he implied
he would honor that as a month to month price.)

He then broke down the $75 and said that $25 was test fee and $50
registration fee. Or it may have been the other way around, at this
point I was feeling very anxious.

I paid the $75.

We left after my DD took the test and decided not to use the services
of Mathnasium.

I received a call from Mike this morning asking me if we had decided
to use the program. I told him no & I asked for my registration money
to be refunded. He basically said that that wasn't customary and he'd
have to call the home office and ask how to handle this.

I then told him how I felt he hadn't been upfront with me
#1 about the price
#2 about the registration/test fee
I think he should have disclosed this information to me upfront.
He said I should have asked.
Maybe he's right, I have NEVER used any of these kinds of services
before and I was ignorant.
Please learn from my mistake.

__._,_.___

.

__,_._,___

No comments: