Monday, September 17, 2007

Edgewood: New Art Classes forming!

Hello Homeschoolers! My name is Diane Rolnick and I am an artist and instructor who
moved to Edgewood last year from Northern New Mexico. I have just finished renovating a
studio on my property for my work and to offer painting and drawing classes. I have 2
degrees from Rhode Island School of Design, a BFA in Painting and a Masters in Art
Teaching. I have also taught for many years in schools, art centers, and colleges. For 6
years I was the painting and drawing instructor at Columbia Preparatory and Grammar in
New York City. I taught grades 3-12. Columbia Prep had one of the best art curriculums
in New York. I was also a Master Teacher for Parsons School of Design Education Program.
At The New Jersey Center for Visual Arts I taught ages 9-18 for 7 years. In Santa Fe I have
guest taught at The Rio Grande School and Santa Fe Prep. I am currently teaching at Santa
Fe Community College. During the last weekend in September I am teaching a 2-day
intensive Drawing I workshop at The Harwood Center in Albuquerque.

I have room for 5 students at a time for 2-hour classes once a week for for 8 weeks. I
would like to start by setting up 2 classes and adding if necessary.
Tuesday 1pm-3pm ages 13-18
Wednesday 9am-11am ages 9-13
I will add a Wednesday afternoon if needed. If you have 2 children who want to attend and
fall into 2 different age groups we can work out for them to come at the same time.

Starting Date: Tuesday Oct 23rd-Dec 12th
Cost: $320. /2 hours class for 8 weeks
Material Fee: $30. (I will provide all the materials)

There will be an open house at my studio on Oct 13th, Sat, from 2pm-4pm. Please call or
E-Mail for directions. 286-5252 or dianegrolnick@cybermesa.com If you have any
questions please do not hesitate to call. I will send out Open House reminders on this
site. I will also send out a registration form for all interested students on the OLE site and
my E-Mail.

I am an artist who really loves to teach and help others create. I am very interested in a
variety of mediums and work with digital and encaustic (wax paint) in my own art. Most of
the classes will focus on painting and drawing but we will also do projects such as artist
books, monotypes, and mixed media problems that could go into 3D. I will provide acrylic
paints, pastels, charcoal, pencils, markers, brushes, paper, canvas boards, and other
materials. I also have many art books and will give some interesting information about the
history of art.

My artwork has been shown in Santa Fe in a number of galleries and venues that include,
the Wiford Gallery on Canyon Road, The Governors Gallery, and The College of Santa Fe Art
Gallery. I also have an extensive showing record on the East Coast and the New York City
area. In addition I have curated a number of exhibitions including "Unheard Voices Speak-
Out" in Santa Fe.

I really enjoy living in the East Mountains as does my horse Ziggy Starman and his herd of
2 nubian goats, Little Doc and Chocko. Onee and Rooe my dogs also approve. We all look
forward to hearing from any artists out there. Diane Rolnick

No comments: