Thursday, September 6, 2007

Los Alamos:Science Classes @ the Bradbury Museum

There are several educational science classes at the Bradbury Science
Museum. I would like to get a group of 10 or 12 students ( 11 or 12 year old boys and/or girls) to take some of these classes. If there is enough interest I can call the museum and schedule the first
one. Karen Davenport, the science educator I spoke with, did not
recommend October, April or May because they are usually pretty busy
with public school visits. All the other months would be fine so
scheduling something for September would be good. As far as the day
of the week, Karen thinks Tuesdays would be best with Wednesdays
being a possibility also. If we have a group of 12 students, we have
to have at least two adults with them but other parents are welcome
to stay also. My phone number is 661-6500 or people can e-mail me mooremurray@earthlink.net if they are interested. I think the age limit could be brought up to iclude 13 year-olds if there is a need for that. The time of the
class could be either morning (after 10 am) or early afternoon.
Patty Moore.

No comments: