Thursday, June 14, 2007

Host a Student, Opportunity for Cultural Experience

Since this is possibly sensitive information and I am posting it to this email group and blog I am asking that you contact Kari MacKay directly, the homeschooling family who is also hosting a student, for more information princessmuhmah@comcast.net --Tabbi
*************************************


If anyone is interested in providing their children with a great cultural experience, you might want to consider hosting an exchange student this fall. We will be hosting one from Austria, and we're really excited to have her get here.



There are many looking for homes, but there is a young lady from Spain who especially needs one. She was transferred to this region to accommodate the request for a girl, but the family who requested it is now unable to host a student this year.



If you are interested in an opportunity to help your children learn Spanish and learn about the culture in Spain, you might consider sharing your family with Sandra for the coming school year.



You just provide room and board; the students are responsible for their own spending money. They have their own medical insurance. If you are intersted in Sandra or any other students, I can put you in touch with the local coordinator.



I've looked at Sandra's profile, and she looks like a really nice, cute girl.



Here is the letter she wrote for her potential host family. Her English skills are impressive.



Dear Family,

My name is Sandra and I'm 15 years old. I'm tall, I've got blue ayes and brown hair. I think I'm a very social person, even at the beginning I'm very shy. I think I'm sensitive and friendly.

I like lots of things. For example, I love reading. My favourite kinds of books are adventure, love, science-ficcion and funny books. I also like going to the cinema. I love adventure films. I hate the horror ones. I like all kinds of music. I usually listen to pop and rock music. Other things I like are: going out with friends, travelling and doing sports. Right now I'm in a volleyball team and I also go to dancing lessons.

I've got a very big family. I've got lots of aunts and uncles. My mother's name is Manuel and my father's name is Pablo. I've got a small sister called Paula that is 9 years old.

I want to go to the USA because it's a country that has always interested me. I think is has to be amazing! I would love to come back from the USA with very nice memories. I would like to visit as many places as I can and to come back to Spain with lots of new friends.

Thank you,

Sandra

No comments: