Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Albuquerque: Intro Spanish Classes Next Fall 2007

Hi, All!

As usual, I couldn't find what I wanted, so I'm setting it up. ;)

As some of you know, I used to teach A.S.L., so I write with some
experience when I say that you can't really learn a language in a
vacuum. In my opinion, books and software help a great deal, but they
just don't compare to practicing with others. So...(drum roll please)...

Introducing: Homeschool Spanish I

(Not taught by me, of course, or they'd all come out stumbling through
mi malo Espanglish!)

Recommended grades are 6 and up, with some flexibility, but kids will
have to be old enough to read and write well and to take some notes on
their own. The idea of the format is that the teacher will be working
with us as home educators, presenting to the class and then giving us
homework to continue through the week with our kids. :)

Space is very limited for this one, for the teacher wants to keep the
class small (10 kids or less). We may be able to open up a second
class if the first fills up, but we'd have to arrange for a second
location as well. :)

This class is $30/month for each child (parents free), which goes
directly to the teacher. We're meeting on Albuquerque's east side (near
Tramway) on Thursday afternoons, probably about 3:15-4:00. In addition,
there is a textbook ($14.95) and blank notebook required. The teacher
is asking for parents to pay in advance each month.

The class will start in August and run until Thanksgiving week. Please
sign up only if you think you can commit to the whole semester (four
months). If you're ready for your older child to start learning this
not-so-foreign language, give me a call!

Chris: 306-1866
chrislanter4@yahoo.com

No comments: